Our mission is to create New World wines with Old World soul—wines that reveal the complex nuances of our vineyards and the cool climate winegrowing region. We farm organically with the goal of producing wines that transparently and authentically express site and variety. From gentle foot-treading to natural fermentation, our wines are handcrafted according to a minimalist, time-honored practice. We utilize traditional tools like whole-cluster fermentation rather than relying upon modern additions like commercial yeasts and commercial adjustments in the cellar.
Because we believe that winemaking begins in the vineyard, we are deeply committed to organic viticultural practices. In the cellar, our philosophy is to honor the characteristics of each vintage, vineyard and varietal—and in doing so, honor Mother Nature. We favor a subtle oak influence in our reds and sur lie aging. We avoid fining and filtering whenever possible. By keeping our production small, we can give every vine, fermentation bin and barrel the attention it deserves. The result: aromatic, ethereal wines of intensity, personality, and liveliness.
After 20 years at our Estate Vineyard & Winery up in Boulder Creek, 2020 brought about a few monumental changes: the CZU fires rewrote paths for many of us up in the mountains, and the closing of our doors in Saratoga during COVID meant a new search for a space that community could gather and share a bottle of wine in. It’s with this that we decided to put down roots in Santa Cruz, bringing the natural winemaking style, organic farming vision, and energy for drinking great wine in the company of great people to a place we love so deeply.
Our Santa Cruz Tasting Room and Wine Bar is now open on 525 Pacific Ave, walking distance between downtown and the Wharf. From bottles, to glasses, to flights – there are a multitude of ways to taste through our wines and get a sense of what we are all about. The same grape-to-glass mentality is something we wanted to mirror when creating a food menu to enjoy alongside our wines. We collaborated with local growers, makers, and chefs of the Santa Cruz region who had an aligned vision – respect for the environment, locally-focused, organic where possible, and artisanal in nature. From small bites, to open-face baguettes, to salads and a famed red-wine beef stew produced by Chef Brad Briske of HOME, we have a little something for everyone to elevate their wine sipping experience.
Swing by Thursday – Saturday 2-8PM + Sundays 12-6PM for a tasting or wine bar reservation at our Santa Cruz location. Or join us for one of our upcoming events listed out below!
Upcoming May Events:
A Wine & Food Experience: featuring guest chefs, The Wilderness Hunters
- Friday May 13 & 14th from 2-8PM
- Details: Join us for a special two-day pop up (May 13 + 14) where we will be featuring a curated wine offering, alongside a-la-carte culinary menu crafted from seasonal ingredients foraged, fished, and gathered in the PNW.
Reservation cover (waived for club members) includes complimentary flight to taste through our specially curated wine offerings, before selecting the plate and wine pairing you would like to order. Sample then savor…About the guest chefs:
The Wilderness Hunters was created by chefs Eric Bartle and Sara Kundelius in celebration of the wild places, foods and artistic inspiration they find in the forests, mountains and beaches of the Pacific Northwest. Seasonally focussed always. @thewildernesshunters
- Reservation link
- Thursday, May 19th from 6-9PM
- Details: Meet the maker… Come sip through a few of Blake’s favorite wines as he joins us in-house to pour a specialty flight of off-the-beaten path varietals Thursday May 19th, 6PM – 9PM. Blake will be bringing a few stories from the cellar and what went into the making of these wines. Bring your burning questions and discover a more intimate side of the winemaking world.
- Monday, May 23rd from 4-9PM
- Details: We decided to pour out of our magnums for the night… which called for opening up specially on a Monday 5/23 4PM – 9PM. We’ll be serving up Mediterranean flatbreads made in-house. Come sip by-the-glass from some of our best magnums and have the opportunity to take a few home for a one-night-only special on large formats. Perfect for weddings, graduations, and summer get-togethers.
Club members get 30% off by-the-glass.
Industry discounts applicable on by-the-glass.
- Reservation link