What an amazing night of local live music at Moe’s Alley this week. The talent in this ensemble is no short of ridiculously over the top. Homeland Revival played a fully energetic set filled with originals along with a few songs from James Durbin and Nick Gallants own catalog. The packed crowed was hooked from the very first note. Of course the pump was primed since Nick Gallant and his other band Rodeo Gulch opened the night.
It was really hard to pick some of the highlights (not including the Canadian Tuxedos😉) but if we had to..
- A James Durbin fan favorite – Bandana Days started out the set.
- Wicked Heart was just a super fun, high energy song that the crowd could not stop moving too.
- Anytime Dany Cobo was playing the violin (just look at Gallants face watching him play).
- Maybe Tonight – One of our favorites that we have been playing on The Event Santa Cruz Radio Show a lot this month from Gallants new album ‘State Park’
- Gallants classic – ‘Wanderlust’ never get’s old and was a complete crowd pleaser.
- Freedom Blvd – A brand spanking new song that has never been played before live. This song should really be on the radio when it get’s released.
- And of course – ‘Last Call for Alcohol’ and ‘Crossfaded” were a perfect end of the night…
James Durbin – Acoustic Guitar & Vocals
Nick Gallant – Acoustic, Electric Guitar & Vocals
Jeremy Cross – Percussion, Drums & Vocals
Paul Grimm – Upright Bass
Ben Gallant – Harmonica
Dany Cobo – Violin
Here you can watch about 90% of the show ⬇︎
“HOMELAND REVIVAL” is the collaboration between Santa Cruz, California singer-songwriters James Durbin and Nick Gallant. James Durbin is an American Idol Finalist (season 10) and also the current lead singer for rock legends Quiet Riot. Nick Gallant is an Emmy-award winning composer, studio musician and music producer, with his own solo songwriting career as well. The two bonded over shared music interests, and started working on a record together with Americana and California Country leanings. In June 2019 they rounded out their lineup with Jeremy Cross handling Drums + Percussion & Paul Grimm on Upright Bass. “HOMELAND REVIVAL” performed their first show June 19th to a rowdy packed house at Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz, CA. With one show under their belts, they’re poised and prepared to sing their brand of California Country the way God & Glen Frey intended it.
I wish I could be there!!!!